- Ground-Handling Techniques, detailed and personalised with Erica Dobie + Leonardo Jesus
- Mental-Training for PG pilots with Katrin Ganter
- Accommodation in the TIP House directly on the beach of Nazare with huge garden and terrace: 8 nights in a private room
- Airport Transfers on arrival and leaving days (inquire for details)
- Dinner on arrival day, Breakfast + Lunch on first coaching day.
- TIP Gift!
- Meals *a kitchen will be available to prepare meals, and time for grocery shopping will be facilitated. Restaurants are a 15 minute walk from the house.
- Airfare, Travel Insurance, Cancellation Insurance
Name: Erica Dobie
Assisted by: Leonardo Jesus
Clinic Role: In this clinic component, participants will build ground-handling techniques for their flying styles. Erica + Leonardo give attention to understanding each participant’s background, dreams and needs as a pilot, to determine and develop techniques that are important to them. Sustainable progression is at the forefront of this component, offering an experience that lasts beyond the clinic. Participants can expect to gain a greater sense of freedom and confidence with their gliders.
Name: Katrin Ganter
Clinic Role: Gaining a greater understanding of our minds is a powerful tool for our sport. Participants will be presented with practical and applicable tools to better manage their minds, while training and flying. Pilots will explore flying-related challenges, gain clarity of their dreams and intentions for progression as pilots. Katrin’s accessible and efficient tools enable participants to work with their mind in a positive and manageable way.
About this Clinic:
TIP Clinics are about building the relationship between the pilot and glider. This clinic is offered to female pilots looking to build their confidence and technique in a comfortable and open environment.
Who is this clinic for?
- Licensed Female Paragliding Pilots
- Pilots who feel their progression is limited by their mental control, and/or ground-handling techniques
- Pilots who are ready to improve their level and see the value of combining the components in a clinic
Destination + Accommodations:
Guests will stay near the sea at a Portuguese private villa. This property is the perfect location for this TIP clinic:
- central to 6 different flying-sites around Nazare
- peaceful and spacious
- accommodates our yoga practices and group discussions
- one kitchen per 2/3-bedroom house
- perfect for group meals or barbecues
- 15 minute walk to the centre of Sitio, Nazare (the charming cliffside section of Nazare)
- 10-15 minutes from shops, restaurants, cafes and tourist sites of Nazare
Nazare is a charming, sea-side village. It is one of the most traditional villages left in Portugal and offers the perfect location to discover Portuguese culture, on the ground and in the sky!
People have been paragliding here for over 30 years, yet the sites are blessed with a sense of peace and quiet and we often have the spots entirely to ourselves.
Things to see and explore:
- Large Beautiful Beaches
- Flyable Coastline for N, NW, W, SW, + S
- Mountain Sites Just 45 min. Away
- Great opportunities to work on ground handling and top-landings
- Castles, Caves, Museums
- Traditional Culture + Friendly People
- Delicious Local Cuisine – excellent wine and seafood =)!
- Perfect place to relax and enjoy the sun while making a few new friends =)
Though the focus for this clinic will be on the coast, pilots might consider exploring beyond to discover the xc opportunities Portugal has to offer.
In November of 2011, Portugal was put on the map as the new BIG WAVE destination, after Garrett McNamara surfed a record breaking wave of over 23 meters! Since then, Nazare has become a tourist hot spot, allowing the traditional culture to continue thriving in the wake of the new-found economy.
There are endless gems to discover in and around Nazare, from incredible cuisine to impressive castles and caves. Should we end up with spare time on our hands, the days will not be lost as exploring all this country has to offer could take years!
Click here to learn more about Nazare, Portugal. (Wiki)