Clinic Type: Mind, Body Technique (MBT)
Price: 1250 EUR
GROUP SIZE: 6 Places
OPEN TO: Licensed Female Pilots
Testimonials – Mind, Body, Technique.
“TIP clinic was a fulfilled dream for me. I was dreaming of a sky, full of flying motivated girls, and regaining my flying confidence after I broke my hand some time ago. These days gave me so much! I knew I needed ground-handling but couldn’t find any time for it and even when I did, I didn’t know… Continue Reading →
Name: Katrin Ganter
Clinic Role: Gaining a greater understanding of our minds is a powerful tool for our sport. Participants will be presented with practical and applicable tools to better manage their minds, while training and flying. Pilots will explore flying-related challenges, gain clarity of their dreams and intentions for progression as pilots. Katrin’s accessible and efficient tools enable participants to work with their mind in a positive and manageable way.
Website: www.berghypnose.ch (German)
Name: Sandra Chormann
Clinic Role: Participants will be treated to daily trainings for strength, flexibility and balance, specifically geared towards paragliding pilots. Using yoga as a platform, Sandra focuses on building introspection of our bodies, tuning into our intuition and expanding recognition of the physical connection in ground-handling and free-flight. Participants can expect to gain a greater understanding of how to connect with our flying from a physical perspective.
Website: www.sandrachormann.de (German)
Name: Erica Dobie
Clinic Role: In this clinic component, participants will build ground-handling techniques for their flying styles. Erica takes time to understand each participant’s background, dreams and needs as a pilot, to determine and develop techniques that are important to them. Sustainable progression is at the forefront of this component, offering an experience that lasts beyond the clinic. Participants can expect to gain a greater sense of freedom and confidence with their gliders.
About this Mind, Body, Technique Clinic:
The MBT Clinic is about building the relationship between the mind body and glider. Understanding and utilising this connection provides a powerful platform for success in the sky.
The first MBT Clinic was held in May of 2017. Five participants gathered to explore and solidify the game-changing combination of the clinic components. The results were impressive, so much that we needed to do it again!
Why it Works!
TIP’s MBT clinic provides an environment for powerful transformations. There are several reasons why this happens:
- It is an integral clinic, encompassing three essential and complimentary aspects of our sport – the Mind, Body + Technique
- Three professionals connect and share their expertise in each component, offering their passion and energy to benefit the participants.
- Small groups sizes – 6 participants. Our TIP Experts value an intimate experience, taking time to know each pilot, their needs and personalities. This allows to participants to receive information that is most valuable to them.
- An all-female clinic: this provides a unique, open and familiar environment, allowing participants to be more relaxed and connect with the issues, challenges and break-throughs that are unique to us, as female pilots.
- Location + Environment: the beaches of Portugal offer an ideal environment for learning. It is peaceful and spacious and the sand is soft! =)
Who is MBT for?
- Licensed Female Paragliding Pilots
- Pilots who feel their progression is limited by their fears, physical abilities, and/or ground-handling techniques
- Pilots who are ready to improve their level and see the value of combining the three key components in a clinic
- Ground-Handling Techniques, detailed and personalised with Erica Dobie
- Mental-Training for PG pilots with Katrin Ganter
- Stretch, Strengthen and Flow for PG pilots with yoga instructor Sandra Chormann
- Small group max 6 participants
- Accommodation in the TIP House directly on the beach of Nazare with huge garden and terrace: 8 nights in a shared double room
* limited number of private rooms available, +160 EUR
- Airport Transfers on arrival and leaving days 14. and 22.10.
- TIP Swag / Giveaways
- Meals *a kitchen will be available to prepare meals, and time for grocery shopping will be facilitated. Restaurants are a 10 minute walk from the house.
- Custom video-documentation of your experience on clinic (75 EUR)
- Massage with Sandra
Destination + Accommodations: Nazare, Portugal
Guests will stay near the sea at a Portuguese private villa. This property is the perfect location for our MBT clinic as it is
- central to 6 different flying-sites around Nazare
- peaceful and spacious
- accommodates our yoga practices and lectures
- one kitchen per 2/3-bedroom house
- perfect for group meals or barbecues
- 10 minute walk to the centre of Sitio, Nazare (the charming cliffside section of Nazare)
- 10-15 minutes from shops, restaurants, cafes and tourist sites of Nazare
Nazare is a charming, sea-side village. It is one of the most traditional villages left in Portugal and offers the perfect location to discover Portuguese culture, on the ground and in the sky!
People have been paragliding here for over 30 years, yet the sites are blessed with a sense of peace and quiet and we often have the spots entirely to ourselves.
Things to see and explore:
- Large Beautiful Beaches
- Flyable Coastline for N, NW, W, SW, + S
- Mountain Sites Just 45 min. Away
- Great opportunities to work on ground handling and top-landings
- Castles, Caves, Museums
- Traditional Culture + Friendly People
- Delicious Local Cuisine – excellent wine and seafood =)!
- Perfect place to relax and enjoy the sun while making a few new friends =)
Though the focus for this clinic will be on the coast, pilots might consider explore beyond, into some pristine xc locations that are perfect for beginner-intermediate levels during October and into November.
In November of 2011, Portugal was put on the map as the new BIG WAVE destination, after Garrett McNamara surfed a record breaking wave of over 23 meters! Since then, Nazare has become a tourist hot spot, allowing the traditional culture to continue thriving in the wake of the new-found economy.
There are endless gems to discover in and around Nazare, from incredible cuisine to impressive castles and caves. Should we end up with spare time on our hands, the days will not be lost as exploring all this country has to offer could take years!
Click here to learn more about Nazare, Portugal. (Wiki)