7 Nights / 23-30.09.2018
PRICE: 1000 EUR / pp
10 Nights / 20-30.09.2018
PRICE: 1250 EUR / pp
*discount available for couples
LANGUAGE: EN, FR, PT, ES
About this Clinic:
TIP Clinics are about building the relationship between the pilot and glider. Gain confidence and technique for coastal flying in a comfortable and open environment.
- Learn essential techniques for feeling secure in the wind
- Gain a deeper sense of flow and connection with your glider, technique which transfers directly to your flying style
- Access a structured and personalised framework for exploring the wind, tailored to your flying dreams and pursuits
- Fun, Safe, and Non-Judgemental learning environment
- Access to Flow Paragliders, Yoti (15m2 hybrid glider) for strong conditions and technique training
Who is this clinic for?
- Licensed Pilots, Minimum of 50 flights
- Pilots who want more experience and confidence launching, landing + flying in the wind
- Pilots who are ready to improve their skills and are open to receiving knowledge
About Leonardo + Erica
This pair have thousands of hours logged in the wind. By spending as much time or more on the ground as in the sky, Leo + Erica have gained a freedom to play in the wind, which they share with you on this course.
Their passion is at the forefront of their coaching style. It is all about sharing the fun and freedom that comes with making friends with the wind.
Assisting pilots as they break through their challenges is the greatest gift. By working together with your needs and unique ways as a pilot, progression happens naturally and sustainably.
- Ground-Handling Techniques, detailed and personalised with Erica Dobie + Leonardo Jesus
- Site reading for optimised coastal flying
- Access to Flow Paragliders, Yoti 15m2
- Organised group meal on arrival
- Accommodation in Sitio, Nazare. * 7 or 10 nights *
- Airport Transfers on arrival and leaving days (inquire for details)
- TIP Gift
- Meals *a kitchen will be available to prepare meals, and time for grocery shopping will be facilitated. Restaurants are a 15 minute walk from the house. Organised dinners in the village can be facilitated
- Airfare, Travel Insurance, Cancellation Insurance, equipment and all other relevant items not listed as “included”
Nazare is a charming, sea-side village,central to 6 different flying-sites. It is one of the most traditional villages left in Portugal and offers the perfect location to discover Portuguese culture, on the ground and in the sky!
People have been paragliding here for over 30 years, yet the sites are blessed with a sense of peace and quiet and we often have the spots entirely to ourselves.
Things to see and explore:
- Large Beautiful Beaches
- Flyable Coastline for N, NW, W, SW, + S
- Mountain Sites Just 45 min. Away
- Great opportunities to work on ground handling and top-landings
- Castles, Caves, Museums
- Traditional Culture + Friendly People
- Delicious Local Cuisine – excellent wine and seafood =)!
- Perfect place to relax and enjoy the sun while making a few new friends =)
Though the focus for this clinic will be on the coast, pilots might consider exploring beyond to discover the xc opportunities Portugal has to offer.
In November of 2011, Portugal was put on the map as the new BIG WAVE destination, after Garrett McNamara surfed a record breaking wave of over 23 meters (recently overtaken)! Since then, Nazare has become a tourist hot spot, allowing the traditional culture to continue thriving in the wake of the new-found economy.
There are endless gems to discover in and around Nazare, from incredible cuisine to impressive castles and caves. Should we end up with spare time on our hands, the days will not be lost as exploring all this country has to offer could take years!
Click here to learn more about Nazare, Portugal. (Wiki)