DATES: SEPTEMBER / OCTOBER 2019
27.09-05.10-2019 / ALL PILOTS
12-20.10.2019 / FEMALE PILOTS
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROGRAM, CONTACT US DIRECTLY.
9 DAYS / 1250 EUR +tax
Includes: Course (personalised ground-handling course), access to mini wings, airport transfers, site transfers, accommodations with private room, welcome dinner / breakfast
– Share a room (ideal for couples and close friends)
– Self-manage accommodations and/or transportation
*** Inquire for details***
About this Clinic:
Our programs are about building the relationship between the pilot and glider. Gain confidence and technique for coastal flying in an ideal + open environment.
- Personalised progression plan for improved glider control, tailored to your flying dreams and pursuits
- Learn essential techniques for safety and freedom in the wind
- 3 hours / day onsite instruction (plus independent work time with assistance) + theory, briefings and debriefings with video
- Access to Flow Paragliders, Yoti (15m2 hybrid glider) for strong conditions and technique training
- Additional onsite time for practice and flying
- Fun, Safe, and Non-Judgemental learning environment
- Gain a deeper sense of flow and connection with your glider, adding technique which transfers directly to your flying style
- Meals *a kitchen will be available to prepare meals, and time for grocery shopping will be facilitated. Organised dinners in the village can be facilitated.
- Airfare, Travel Insurance, Cancellation Insurance, equipment and all other relevant items not listed as “included”
Who is this clinic for?
- Licensed Solo Pilots, Minimum of 50 flights
- Pilots who want more experience and confidence controlling their wings, understanding the wind and optimising fun, freedom and safety.
- Pilots who are looking to expand their possibilities and comfort in more advanced situations
- Pilots who are ready to improve their skills and are open to receiving knowledge
This pair have thousands of hours logged in the wind. By spending as much time or more on the ground as in the sky, Leo + Erica have gained a freedom to play in the wind, which they share with you on this course.
Their passion is at the forefront of their coaching style. It is all about sharing the fun and freedom that comes with making friends with the wind.
By working together with your needs and unique ways as a pilot, progression happens naturally and sustainably.
Nazare is a charming, sea-side village,central to 6 different flying-sites. It is one of the most traditional villages left in Portugal and offers the perfect location to discover Portuguese culture, on the ground and in the sky!
People have been paragliding here for over 30 years, yet the sites are blessed with a sense of peace and quiet and it is not uncommon to have the spots entirely to ourselves.
Things to see and explore:
- Large Beautiful Beaches
- Flyable Coastline for N, NW, W, SW, + S
- Mountain Sites Just 45 min. Away
- Great opportunities to work on ground handling and top-landings
- Castles, Caves, Museums
- Traditional Culture + Friendly People
- Delicious Local Cuisine – excellent wine and seafood =)!
- Perfect place to relax and enjoy the sun while making a few new friends =)
Though the focus for this clinic will be on the coast, pilots might consider exploring beyond to discover the xc opportunities Portugal has to offer.
In November of 2011, Portugal was put on the map as the new BIG WAVE destination, after Garrett McNamara surfed a record breaking wave of over 23 meters (recently overtaken)! Since then, Nazare has become a tourist hot spot, allowing the traditional culture to continue thriving in the wake of the new-found economy.
There are endless gems to discover in and around Nazare, from incredible cuisine to impressive castles and caves. Should we end up with spare time on our hands, the days will not be lost as exploring all this country has to offer could take years!
Click here to learn more about Nazare, Portugal. (Wiki)